Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Virtualization, KVM hypervisor

I started to explore KVM as full virtualization solution for Linux. The mail idea to sturdy different Oracle option on different platforms and emulate failure events to work out backup and recovery. Configuration and tuning is important part as well. So, I chosed KVM under KUbuntu 10.10. and started different installations. As I expected later there is a problem to communicate two virtual machines to each other. I asked google but didn't get definite answer. Accidentally I've found a solution lies in the plane of IP filters.



the problem looks like that:

~$ telnet 192.168.122.157 22
Trying 192.168.122.157...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host


the solution a bit brutal but it does not waste time for unwilling research:
on both Virt Hosts: iptables -F














No comments:

Post a Comment